Friday, June 18, 2010

Paperweight

Today's favourite tune: Paperweight, by Joshua Radin and Schuylur Fisk.



Been up all night staring at you
Wondering what's on your mind
I've been this way with so many before
But this feels like the first time
You want the sunrise to go back to bed
I want to make you laugh



Mess up my bed with me
Kick off the covers, I'm waiting
Every word you say I think I should write down
Don't want to forget come daylight



Happy to lay here
Just happy to be here
I'm happy to know you
Play me a song 
Your newest one
Please leave your taste on my tongue


Paperweight on my back
Cover me like a blanket



Mess up my bed with me
Kick off the covers I'm waiting
Every word you say I think I should write down
Don't want to forget come daylight



And no need to worry
That's wastin' time
And no need to wonder
What's been on my mind
It's you
It's you
It's you



Every word you say I think I should write down
Don't want to forget come daylight



And i give up
I let you win
You win 'cause I'm not counting



You made it back
To sleep again
Wonder what you're dreaming


Such amazing, amazing lyrics. I wish everyone walked around talking like that. There would literally be no hate around the world, haha....

Went to town for most of the day today. Helped Stu pick out new shoes and basically hung out doing nothing. Bought 3 new books, even though I am basically skint. The Catcher In The Rye, by J.D. Salinger (finally! I've got a copy to read!), The Last Song, by Nicholas Sparks (I think I am gonna weep when I read this) and I Kill, a crime novel by Giorgio Faletti (which really was a last minute buy to fulfil the 3 for 2 offer). 

Went to Market Bar at night after pre-drinks at Laura's. I think everyone's pretty out of it, haha...

Apparently everyone did amazing for their exams, feeling really nervous and scared for mine now, which are coming out around next week.

In the end Market Bar was just too crowded, so we (Kelly, Holly, Neil and I) took a cab to Jubilee Campus to light a Chinese lantern. All went well until a huge gust of wind flung our lantern into the trees on the opposite side of the lake. Luckily the trees didn't catch fire, haha.

Overall it's been another great day, albeit a really tiring one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment