Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Of World Cup, Movies and Music

Much has happened the past week or so.

First, World Cup is once again upon us. Last Saturday, England played USA and because of a stupid mistake England's goalkeeper made, the match ended with a draw.
It was Hannah's birthday, and so I went over to Rik's for drinks and such. Because I'm a girl and have absolutely zero interest in football, I put on a Guns n Roses T-shirt on. And because I'm very possibly blind and was in a rush, I failed to notice my top had the American flag in the background. Major fashion faux pas!
I believe Mike and Rik threatened to beat me up and throw me out, if memory serves me correctly!

On Monday, I went out with Stuart (hi if you're reading!) for Wagamama's (which I still can't believe he'd never been to before!) and a movie. We saw Brooklyn's Finest, which turned out to be quite good, although it was incredibly violent and brutal. Can you imagine if it really happens like that in real life? My god. Overall, I had a really good time :)

Tuesday was spent at home. Holly and Kelly came over for our long awaited Movie Day. Yes, you heard right, Movie Day! A whole day of movies! We watched all the girly films that guys would never watch with us. He's Just Not That Into You, The Hangover and New Moon... Had so much fun! I miss having girlfriends to giggle with and talk about silly things like we were 16 again. I'm gonna miss Kelly so much when she goes back home this summer. At least Holly will be here, and staying in the same place as me!
Of course, with movies come the natural desire to stuff our faces. I have NEVER had so much junk food in such a short time before. Needless to say, I went to bed on a sugar high and feeling sick to the core.

Ok I'm gonna end this post with my current favourite song. Yes it is by Miley Cyrus and I know I'm supposed to hate her for some unknown reason, but it's a pretty good song. It's from the soundtrack for a new movie The Last Song, which is based on a Nicholas Sparks book. I'm gonna hunt for this book! Love Nicholas Sparks and his romance stories.
So here it is. Leave judgement at the door and just give it a listen :)



Everybody needs inspiration,
Everybody needs a soul.
A beautiful melody,
When the nights are long.
'Cause there is no guarantee,
That this life is easy.

And when my world is falling apart.
When there's no light to break up the dark,
That's when I,
I,
I look at you.
When the waves are flooding the shore,
And I can't find my way home anymore.
That's when I,
I,
I look at you.

When I look at you,
I see forgiveness,
I see the truth.
You love me for who I am,
Like the stars hold the moon,
Right there where they belong,
Aand I know I'm not alone.

Yeah when my world is falling apart,
When there's no light to break up the dark,
That's when I,
I,
I look at you.
When the waves are flooding the shore,
and I can't find my way home anymore,
That's when I,
I,
I look at you.

You,
Appear just like a dream to me.
Just like kaleidoscope colours,
That cover me,
All I need,
Every breath that I breathe,
Don't you know you're beautiful

When the waves are flooding the shore,
And I can't find my way home anymore,
That's when I,
I,
I look at you,
I look at you.

You,
Appear just like a dream to me.

I love the lyrics. I think lyrics are kind of like poems put to a tune. Lyrics are so important. They can speak to a person. I can't think of a time where lyrics did not move me.

Right, now that I've sufficiently made myself out to be as insane as possible... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment