Saturday, March 19, 2011

Job and moving to London

So, as you all know, I went down to London last Friday for my second interview. It went really well, and I quite enjoyed myself. After that, I waited in the lounge area for Kan and Vinh to finish work, and we went to get dinner at Vapiano again. Andy and Kan's friend Cynthia met us there as well. Stuart also decided to come down to meet me and spend the weekend in London.

After dinner, we went to Emma's house. We chatted awhile with Emma before we all went to bed, as we'd all had a very long day. On Saturday morning, I got a message from my brother, saying that my mother wanted me to check out a property development in Canada Water. Since Emma's house was close by, we decided to go there before we had lunch in Canary Wharf. When we got there, there was a marketing suite, so I decided to have a chat with a sales person. Stu and Emma had some drinks and hor d'oeuvres whilst they waited for me. After I got a brochure and price list and spoke to my parents, we left for Canary Wharf and went to a funky Mexican restaurant called Wahaca for a very delicious and filling lunch. After that, Emma and I wandered into Zara to do a spot of shopping before going our separate ways so that Emma could do some of her acting rehearsal stuff.

Over the weekend, we went back to Canada Water to look at Fairmont House again for my parents. After that, we decided to go to lunch at the Korean restaurant just outside Holborn tube station, but unfortunately it was closed. Stu and I walked back and forth for awhile trying to look for somewhere to eat at, and finally settled on a small sushi place. Whilst we were eating, Stu spotted a Krispy Kreme shop across the road, and we headed over there after we were finished with lunch. We bought a dozen doughnuts to bring back to Nottingham. :)

We then headed to Leicester Square, where we visted Rendezvous for the yummy ice-cream. I had rum and raisin and pistachio, Stu had coconut. We stayed there for awhile chatting about the future and our potential move to London and whether we could afford living in London. After that, we walked to Chinatown. I remembered seeing a Singapore-Malaysian cafe when I'd gone to see Les Miserables with my brother two summers ago, and so Stu very nicely waited for me whilst I had a curry laksa, one of my favourite foods that I miss so much. I also bought some Malay desserts to take back to Nottingham. After that, we went to collect our bags and made our way to St Pancras train station. We got there pretty early and had to wait around for the train to arrive. We only arrived back in Nottingham at about 10.30pm.

On Wednesday, I got a call from SMi Group (the company I interviewed at), offering me the job! :) I said yes, and so from April 4th, I will be a Marketing Assistant at SMi Group! :) :) :)

I'm just so glad now that I am going to starting a new job, and one that I think I'll really enjoy!

Oh, also! I spoke to Dad on Wednesday afternoon as well, and he asked me if I liked Fairmont House at Canada Water. I replied that I did, and so my brother and I will be joint houseowners! In fact, they've already taken a deposit fee, so the house will be ours very soon! :) I'm really looking forward to moving into the apartment and furnishing the place!

However, because the apartment isn't fully completed yet, and is estimated to be completed in May or June 2011, I've had to look for somewhere to stay short term before moving into the new place. So I will be staying in a studio flat near Barbican temporarily.

It will suck being away from Stuart, but kind of exciting to start working too. And a proper job, in the field that I really enjoy as well! I'm really happy that everything is panning out and working out properly! :)

There's more to update about, but this post is rather long already, and I'm getting quite tired, so it's bye for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment